Thanks to travelingenglishteacher, I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award! Very exciting! Thank you travelingenglishteacher!! What an honour.
The Sunshine Award is awarded to those blogs “which contribute to the blogging community in a positive or inspirational way.” I do hope that my blog inspires people to see the world and people around the world more positively. I want my images to come from my soul and impact yours, and by so doing change your perception of people and places that are different from your “norm”. So if my blog is doing that in some small way, I am thrilled! 🙂
So, as part of my nomination, I am supposed to do a few things:
1. Answer 10 questions (to follow below).
2. Thank the person who nominated you and write a post about it (done! :))
3. Pass the award on to 10 bloggers you enjoy, link to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them.
So here are the 10 questions with answers…
1. What is your favourite colour? Hmmm…tough one…clothes – black, house – red, general – turquoise-y blue
2. What is your favourite animal? Elephant – I love how they care for one another and stay in family groups.
3. What is your favourite number? 8
4. What is your favourite drink? Hot – Chai, Cold – Fruit shakes from Thailand!!
5.What is your favourite website? Tough one! Don’t know if I can limit it to just one…David Duchemin’s website and blog, Matt Brandon’s website and blog – The Digital Trekker, amazon.com (cause I love to read and we live in a place where there are no English bookstores!) and various cooking blogs.
6. What are your passions? Photography, reading, baking, learning to cook recipes from around the world.
7. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Neither, really (doesn’t that sound terrible?!)
8. What is your favourite pattern? I don’t know if you’d call it a pattern, but I love Frank Lloyd Wright’s designs.
9. What is your favourite day of the week? Friday…cause Friday nights are the best! The week’s over and the weekend is yet to come.
10. What is your favourite flower? Foxglove
As for my 10 blog nominations, they are:
1. Hungry Brownie – awesome photography, recipes and stories…a beautiful blog
2. Helen’s Journal – gorgeous photography!!
3. Food & Foto – another lovely food blog
4. Wanderlustress – follow the life of a humanitarian aid worker, mother, and diplomatic wife…fascinating and fun!
5. Illustrious Peacock – amazing photography and collages that inspire me!
6. Conor Jensen Photography – amazing photography, and interesting writing
7. Frames & Focus – love the colour in her photography and her close ups
8. Praveen Sam Photography – a new find…gorgeous images
9. Without an H – I love his photography
10. Alise Kowalski Photography Blog – A fairly new blog, but I love the clean look of her blog, and the awesome images and writing too! 🙂
So there we have it! My 10 nominations for the Sunshine Award! Check out all the nominees’ blogs and see how great they are for yourself. And I hope you come back here often too! 🙂